We believe that everyone should have the opportunity to enter and progress in the career of their choice.
Recruitment specialist Urban is a long-time supporter of the Trust, and shares our belief that that everyone should be able to reach their full potential based on their skills and abilities, not their background.
Together we have set up a ground-breaking partnership to make the important connection between skilled people from under-represented groups and employers in the built environment who want to foster a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Through the #BeMoreInclusive programme, Urban will connect part 1 graduates on our Building Futures programme with job opportunities in the built environment; and will support candidates with detailed CV advice and interview preparation.
For those further along in their careers, whenever Urban successfully places a candidate in any architect, BIM, interior design or technical role, regardless of seniority or demographic, with an organisation that supports the Trust, Urban will donate £1,000 to the Trust from its fee.
Part 1 graduates
- urban will deliver in-depth support for Part 1 graduates of the SLCT’s Building Futures programme, which helps young people from disadvantaged backgrounds and under-represented groups to study architecture, gain work experience and qualify as architects.
- urban will give candidates detailed CV advice and interview preparation.
- urban will approach architectural firms and recommend considering #BeMoreInclusive candidates, thereby providing opportunity.
- When a candidate is hired, urban will not take a fee but the employer will be asked to donate to the SLCT.
- This donation will provide funding to help more young people from under-represented backgrounds enter, and stay in, architecture careers.
All levels of experience
- urban will provide their comprehensive recruitment service to organisations that support the Trust, but with a difference. For each successful placement made, urban will donate £1,000 from the introduction fee to the Trust.
- This applies to all architect, BIM, interior design and technical roles, at all degrees of seniority and regardless of candidate demographic.
If you would like to find out more about the #BeMoreInclusive programme and how urban can support your recruitment needs, please contact Mark Nagle, Operations Director, at email@example.com.
If you are looking for a role in the built environment, please check our current opportunities.
Urban is part of a wider group of recruitment specialists and there may be the potential to support your recruitment needs in other industries. If you are working outside the built environment, please contact Mark to explore whether Urban is able to support you under the #BeMoreInclusive programme.