Our Building Futures programme supports young people from disadvantaged backgrounds and under-represented groups to study architecture, gain work experience and qualify as architects.
We work with 50 architecture practices and others in the built environment to provide students with the financial support, skills and experience they need to succeed.
If you are considering a career in architecture, already studying architecture or working in the profession and would like to join our Building Futures programme,
Complete the form and send to the outlined email address to register your interest.
Programme support can include:
- Financial support – We provide bursaries to help students with the cost of study, including architecture field trips, model making equipment, laptop, printing costs, and living costs.
- Specialist workshops – We run workshops facilitated by our partner practices and industry experts to help students expand their skill-set and strengthen their job applications.
- Industry in practice – We organise visits to live construction projects and architecture offices to learn how architecture theory is put into practice.
- Mentoring – Our partner practices provide students with one-to-one support to explore their personal challenges and find solutions, from building their portfolio to finding a work placement.
- Showcasing their work – We provide opportunities for students to showcase their work online, at exhibitions and through our communications with partner organisations.
- Peer networking – Our unique network of peers from other universities and alumni of the programme provides informal support and insights.
- Ambassador role – All our students, past and present, are ambassadors for the Trust and which includes opportunities to attend and speak at a diverse range of events, building their profile and networks.
We are proud that past alumni continue to stay in touch and benefit from our support.