The Stephen Lawrence Charitable Trust aims to be a fitting legacy to Stephen’s memory and to make a real impact by:
- Supporting young people to transform their lives by overcoming disadvantage and discrimination and moving into ambitious careers as professionals
- Ensuring businesses can benefit from and are more inclusive of diverse talent throughout their management structures
- Continuing to campaign for fairness and justice, ensuring the lessons learnt from Stephen’s murder are acted upon.
In our 20 years’ experience of working with young people, we have identified multiple barriers that can prevent them from moving smoothly from education to employment, including:
- Limited awareness of choices and lack of relevant experience
- Personal backgrounds that may have disrupted their education
- Low self-esteem and self-confidence and poor decision making
- Low levels of qualifications
- Limited relatable role models in a number of career or business areas
- Limited access to reliable information, advice and guidance.
We are dedicated to transforming the life chances of disadvantaged young people and improving the world in which they live to enable them to develop and nurture their talent.
Read more about our impact.