Stephen Lawrence Day allows us to recognise Stephen’s story as important to our culture, our society and our lives, and presents a fantastic opportunity to mark and engage in this most positive legacy with all school aged children and young people.
There are many ways you can participate, and here are just a few.
Draw on our Resources:
- Read our Information for Schools Booklet, jam-packed with information and suggestions that schools can tailor to suit them
- Run our Stephen Lawrence Day assemblies in your school
- Read a book from our Annotated Reading lists here, available for both EYFS and Primary titles and Secondary and Post 16 titles
- Download one of our Live Our Best Life posters and display proudly in your school
- Use our Stephen Lawrence Day logo and other social media assets (here) to promote your own events
Ideas inspired by Stephen:
- Stephen’s favourite colour was orange. You could wear orange on Stephen Lawrence Day
- Stephen was a member of a running club. Run a mile a day for Stephen, and you’ll have run the equivalent of a marathon (26.2 miles) in under a month! Alternatively, you could take a more artistic approach and design a finish line for your school sports day. Read about our recent London Marathon Mile Marker competition here
- Stephen wanted to be an architect. Draw a design for a futuristic building which you can make for any purpose that helps the planet, is eco-friendly and encourages sustainable living
- Stephen’s story resulted in a change in the law (double jeopardy). Plan a change that you can make happen that will bring benefit to your school or local community. You can read about our community social action work ideas here
- Stephen’s charity supports aspiring architects. Plan and execute a fundraiser that you can manage with a small group of friends to donate to your charity of choice or to Stephen’s Charity to help its work. Read about fundraising ideas here
- You could also visit the Stephen Lawrence Research Centre & Archive at De Montfort University. Find out more on their website
Share your ideas with us! We would love to hear about what you’re doing to celebrate Stephen Lawrence Day. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.