We want to support communities to fulfil their potential and help them to inspire others.
It’s never too late to get involved! There are plenty of ways to show your support.
If you would like to mark the day by raising funds for the Stephen Lawrence Charitable Trust, we’ve got lots of fun ideas for fundraising. You could run an event or activity that everyone can get involved in – it doesn’t need to be hard work to be high impact.
Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Get baking and hold a cake sale
- Host a community swap shop for people to swap clothes, books or household items they no longer want in return for making a donation
- Run a mile for the Trust. Stephen was a keen runner, so why not set up a fun running challenge in return for getting sponsored?
- Showcase the wealth of talents in your community by hosting a variety show! Encourage everyone to learn new skills or show off hidden expertise, then invite family and friends to buy tickets to come and watch
- There are more great ideas for activities and guidance in our Fundraising Pack.
Or, if you want to get involved in making a longer-term difference, why not download our Community Social Action Toolkit with guidance around how to set up a social action or community project for Stephen Lawrence Day.
Please also show your support to our communities who are working hard to create a fairer society for all.
Read about their projects here.
Make a pledge ‘Because of Stephen’
Make a pledge ‘Because of Stephen’ with either something you are planning to do in the future because of Stephen, or awesome things you have already done in his name. The idea is built around the theme of ‘Live our best life’, encouraging young people to take positive action in their own lives or in their community so that they and others can live their best life.
The sky is the limit! Whatever it is, make sure that it means something to you. Whether it is about your ambitions or the lives of those around you, think about something inspiring you want to do.