PDP London is looking for an Apprentice to study the Level 7 Architectural Apprenticeship Programme (which is equivalent to the RIBA Part 2 and Part 3 combined). If you want to become an Architect and already have your Part 1 qualification but have been put off by the length of time and cost of studying towards your full Architect qualification, then the Apprentice route may be for you. You will have a structured training programme whilst working at the same time (and earning a full time salary), and be able to directly apply your learnings to the practical work that you are doing within one of our architecture teams.
As an Apprentice you will typically be spending 80% of your time working, and 20% of your time doing structured training. You will be affiliated with one of the universities that offer the Level 7 Architecture Apprentice course.
Over the course of your Apprenticeship at PDP London you will work on a full range of projects at all RIBA stages. We predominantly work on high-end residential, hospitality and commercial projects for mainly London estates, developers and contractors. During the time that you would be with us you would work within various studios within the wider practice and we would aim that the project or group of projects you work on would complement your academic studies.
Day to day responsibilities and duties many include:
• Ascertaining the client’s needs • Involvement in initial feasibility and sketch designs
• Being responsible for producing, co-ordinating and checking specifications, drawings and other documents for their project(s) in conjunction with their Team Leader.
• Developing schemes for Planning and other approvals.
• Developing scheme designs to detailed design and on to production information stages.
• Producing information including drawings, schedules and assistance with specification writing.
• Materials and product sourcing and selection.
• Developing the coordinated design with the input of other consultants, specialists and contractors.
• Site inspections and quality control including dealing with contractors’ queries.
You would work within a wider team and under the guidance of more Senior Architects and Associates. The majority of our projects are drawn in Revit and it is vital that anyone joining the practice has strong Revit skills. You must be able to demonstrate that you have:
• RIBA Part 1, gained through BA or BSc Architecture (or equivalent)
• At least 1 year of experience as a Part I Architectural Assistant
• Proven design skills • A flair for hand drawing and presentation
• An interest in detailing and technically proficient
• Strong ability in Autodesk and Revit
• A proactive and enthusiastic attitude, and willing to contribute to wider practice groups and activities
Please apply with a copy of your CV and brief portfolio by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org