There are lots of fun and engaging ways you can get involved in Stephen Lawrence Day.
Ideas to get you started
- Have a competition to design a poster that celebrates Stephen’s life. You can hold an exhibition so everyone can see the brilliant designs students create.
- Stephen’s favourite colour was orange. You could wear orange on Stephen Lawrence Day.
- Stephen was a member of a running club – run a mile a day for Stephen (26.2 miles is equivalent to a marathon, so you would have completed a marathon in under a month!) For a more artistic approach, you could design a finish line for your school sports day.
- Stephen wanted to be an architect: draw a design for a futuristic building which you can make for any purpose that helps the planet, is eco-friendly and encourages sustainable living.
- Stephen’s story resulted in a change in law (double jeopardy). Plan a change that you can make happen that will bring benefit to your school or local community.
- The charity set up in Stephen’s name supports aspiring architects. You could plan and execute a fundraiser that you can manage with a small group of friends to donate to his charity to help it continue its work.