We need your help to continue inspiring and enabling young people from disadvantaged backgrounds to enter professions and careers they might otherwise feel are closed to them. As a charity, we do not receive any government funding and depend on the generosity of the people who support our work to survive. There are lots of ways you can help us, from a regular monthly donation to leaving a gift in your will. However you choose to help us, you can be sure that your donation will make a difference. Some of the things your donation can enable us to do are:
- • £5 pays the travel costs for a young person to attend our employability training.
- • £10 pays for a young person to meet with their mentor for career advice and support’
- • £25 pays for us to train a new volunteer in safeguarding and working with young people.
- • £50 pays for a young person to undertake qualifications in starting their own business, which entitles them to financial support and mentoring for a year.
- • £100 pays for us to take a group of young people on a workplace visit, helping them to understand industries and careers they might not otherwise be aware of, or feel are closed to them.
- • £150 pays for us to provide an outreach visit to a university talking to young people about architecture and how to access support to pursue a career in it.
- • £500 pays for four workshops for voluntary and community groups working with black, Asian and minority ethnic groups training them in how their communities can access statutory services and supporting them in how to work with those services.
- • £1,000 pays for a young person to attend our SLIK programme, gaining skills and experience to support a career in journalism.
- • £2,000 pays for a bursary to support a young person to study and qualify as an architect.